Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cole is 5!

Cole's birthday was on January 26th. He was born 5 years ago at St. Marks hospital in Salt Lake City. Our family had to quickly move from Colorado to Utah after Christmas 2008. I was a large 8 month pregnant lady moving states. Cole was supposed to be our Colorado born baby, but due to Cody's job circumstances in purchasing a dental practice, we had to move asap. We didn't have any health insurance, so I shopped around for the cheapest place to have a baby. St. Marks was the place. I met with my OBGYN once, was already dilated and was told I could be induced. Cody and I were asked to speak in church the day before. I couldn't believe I actually had to give my talk. I thought for sure that our little boy would be here by then. Nope, he waited until his induction date. He was evicted by noon. We fell in love with our red headed baby boy.  
So far he's been our most difficult child, (Blake is trying to win that spot) but his cute dimple lets him get away with some mischief!
2 years old.

Cole can drive me crazy at times, but he loves his family, the outdoors, freedom, learning, computers, tv, the Wii, playing house with his sister and riding his bike. Cody bought him a new bike for his 5th birthday. Next year he starts kindergarten and he'll be able to ride either to or from school with Tucker and Aubrey depending on which class he's in. We surprised him with it when Cody and I got back from Aruba. We picked the kids up at Cody's parents house.
 It's bigger than the 12inch bike he previously had that he learned to ride with no training wheels, so once the weather warms up, I'm sure he'll be riding all over the neighborhood.
 We typically take our kids to Chuck E Cheese for their 4th birthdays, and he did go last year for his 4th, but because I didn't have time to plan a party for him because of our trip, we took an impromptu trip to Chuck E Cheese with his grandparents. All the kids loved the pizza, tokens and prizes!
 Cutest 5 year old! "I'm five!"
 Blake getting some fun in.
 3 generations of Calderwood men. I promise Cody gets his picture taking skills from his Dad, although you wouldn't know in this shot.
 On Cole's actual birthday, I made him a cake. He was so excited to blow out his 5 candle. It's been in the family since Tucker turned 5. One more turn and we can throw it away.
Cole's birthday marks the time we've lived in Midway and we've loved all the memories we've been able to make as a family.

0 comments: