Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to School

Finally my kids went back to school. It was a long summer for me. Mainly because I was potty training an almost 3 year old. I am not the kind of Mom that loves having my kids home with me. Maybe I'll wish I was that way someday, but with everything I've been through, I was more than ready to send my little kids off to school for the day. 
 Aubrey is in 1st grade and in the dual immersion program at Midway Elementary. She learns Spanish half the day and is with and English speaking teacher the other half. She has some good friends in her class and is liking it so far. She came home and told me what turtle is in Spanish today. Tortuga.
 I took their individual shots by the maple tree Cody bought me when we first moved into our house 4 years ago. Look how they all have grown.
 I think I will always love the fact that my kids are so close in age to each other. They watch out for each other. Every morning we read scriptures, say prayers and off they go on their bikes until the weather gets too cold.
 Cole learned how to ride his 2 wheeler last week. He saw his friend Sage riding hers and she is 8 months younger than Cole. We came home, he pulled his bike out and with a little help from Aubrey and Daddy, he was off. He picked it up quickly and spends lots of time out in our circle. We are lucky to live at the end of a long cul de sac with many other families.

 Here is another example of why I was thrilled with the kids going back to school. Normally it's Cole making trouble in our  house, but this time it was really Blake. I thought he was napping and went in to check on him. This is what I found. I  had no idea what it was at first. Finally he pulled out of his shorts a Melissa and Doug dual sided ink pad. He had a hay day and marked up most of his carpet. Then, he peed his pants and hid under the bed. Boy oh boy was he in trouble. I've been trying to control my temper and not scream, yell or hit. But he did get a beating. Thankfully my Mom came up later that day to spend the night for Swiss Days and she cleaned the carpet in his room. It didn't all come out, but looks better. In a few weeks we will get our carpets professionally cleaned. After potty training 3 kids in this house and mud, dirt, sand, etc. It's time.
 My 2 little boys began preschool at Sunshine Circle today. I'm the cheesy Mom that put them in matching outfits. They are adorable. Cole was naughty while I was there (parents stay for the first 30 minutes the first day) and Blake was great! They each know several kids in their classes and I have friends to carpool with so I'm not stuck at the school all morning. Their classes over lap by 30 minutes.
 Now we can settle into our fall/school routine. Aubrey started taking jazz at Wasatch Dance Center and I'm taking clogging again on an adult team with Greg Tucker at Rocky Mountain Express. I love it and have missed it. I still have to run occasionally for my marathon training. My race is in 10 days. September 14th. The opening morning of Cody's elk hunt and the end of my running season for the year. My legs are sore from downhill training and I'll admit I don't love loooong runs. Thankfully one of my best friends from Maryland is flying into town to run the race with me. We ran our first 1/2 marathon in Baltimore together and will finish with the real thing. Bring it on!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I love all of your posts! I feel the same way as you some summers. Sometimes I can't wait for school to start, other summers I don't want it to. I was sad about it starting this year, but I think it's just because I'm in school too, so I'm worried about how busy life will become. Your kids are so darling. I can't believe how much they've grown since you moved into your house!