Monday, August 20, 2012

Blake's birthday and Nacho

I can't believe how far behind I still am on our blog. I just realized I never blogged about the 4th of July, so that should be coming up next. 
Our cute Blake turned two back on 7/11. I took him and the other kids to McDonald's for lunch and we went to 7-11 for our free Slurpee's. I was super lame and bought cupcakes at Walmart. He didn't care though and ate his right up. He got some outside water toys and that's about it. Blake is so sweet and such a good baby. He is a thumb sucker much to Cody's dismay. We purchased the stuff you are supposed to paint on their finger to get him to stop, but it does not work for him. He must like the bitter taste because he wakes up sucking his thumb no matter how much I put on his finger. His sucking is affecting his mouth, and pushing his teeth forward, so we'll have to find another way to get him to stop.
 Our family and a few others in our neighborhood were invited to a Nacho party back in July. I haven't seen Nacho Libre in years so I borrowed it from a neighbor so that I would "get" all the inside jokes and songs. Cody wanted to go in costume, so I made him a monks costume and he made his necklace. Unfortunately I didn't have a curly wig to add, or else he really would have completed the look.
 We had a fun night of eating taco salads, corn on the cob (with mayo and chili powder), watching Nacho Libre and hanging out with friends.



2 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

I worked at a Pediatric Dental office in Baltimore and we used a product called Mavala Stop for kids who sucked their thumbs/fingers. It had a very high success rate and many of those parents had tried the drugstore paint on stuff before. You can order it off of Amazon. Dont stress yourself out too bad because as soon as he stops, his teeth will shift back and he wont have the open bite anymore. I've seen it it hundreds of kids who stopped. Good luck!

Marisa said...

I don't think it's lame at all that you bought cupcakes at the store, I don't think the kids really care anyway, at least not at 2! He is a cute kid and that cupcakes looks delicious!