Monday, August 20, 2012

4th of July quick recap

On the morning of the 4th, we were woken up to bombs blasting in air here in Midway. I forget that every year our city shoots off bombs/cannons of some sort at 6am. Scares you right out of bed. I drove my kids over to Oakley to attend the 4th of July parade. I've been going to this parade practically every year since I was a baby. My kids and I love it and Cody stays home, like usual, because he hates parades. As long as I still get to go, no big deal. : )
 We had a BBQ with my family and one of Cody's cousins and her husband at our house that night. Midway puts on an amazing firework show for a small town and we have perfect seats on our front lawn. We did some sparklers and let the kids stay up for the fireworks off Memorial Hill.

Brett, Alysa, Cody, Dan

Grandma Sue and the babies, Blake and Ethan.
The following day we drove to the cabin, had dinner, and went to the Oakley rodeo. I must have failed to take a single picture, because none can be found. Maybe next year we won't have such wiggly worm children. 
And their you have it, short and sweet.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Cody, I know parades are stupid but YOU SHOULD STILL GO with your family!!! Don't be a hater! :)

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

I love the picture of the boys and Mom waiting for the fireworks. I still can't believe that they both held out for so long so they could watch them. Cute, cute, cute.