Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Caborca

10 years ago today I was in Caborca, Mexico serving a mission. I was looking through my old journal and loved remembering the experiences I had there. It is a dry, dusty city in the middle of the Sonoran desert. What an amazing experience to serve there. The people are so loving and humble there. The food was phenomenal. The sunsets there are undescribably beautiful. I grew so much during the 4 months I was in that city. I loved it so much, all except for the heat. It's already 114 degrees there today, and it's only going to get hotter as August approaches. It got up to 128 degrees one day while I was down there. Man I hate that kind of heat! And for all you doubters, yes you can fry an egg outside in the sun when it gets up in the 120's. We did it once on a hot skillet that had been sitting in the heat all day. All of you Phoenix and Las Vegas lovers can have your stinking heat.

3 comments:

Kent said...

I loved Mexico to. I spent a year in Torreon, Coahuila and 4 months in a pituresque little town, Sombrerete, Zacatecas.

Un dia tal vez podemos placticar de nuestras experiencias.

Anonymous said...

Torreon! Que bueno. Hay un Elder en nuestro barrio ahora que viene de Torreon, Elder Blanco. I knew there was a reason we got along so well Kent! Fue un gran privilegio servir en Mexico.

Carson Calderwood said...

We don't need no stinkin' heat.