Monday, March 16, 2009

Back to Baltimore

These cute girls (and boy) are the reason I flew back to Baltimore last weekend. They are my Irish Cloggers! Each of them are awesome Irish dancers that decided to pick up clogging on the side. I was able to perform with them in a clogging number I choreographed last year. I forget how much I LOVE to perform on stage. It's so easy to smile and have fun when you are doing something you love.

This is Maureen Berry. She's the director of the Teelin School of Irish Dance, which is the company I taught for. She's amazing!
I was able to stay with one of my best friends Lis Shumway and her family while I was in town. Lis was awesome and came to my show and watched Cole during the program. She also watched Cole for me when I had some free time so that I could go shopping all by myself. What freedom!
I also stayed with our good friends the Huffs while in town. I went to my old ward in Hampstead with them. It was fun to see so many friends - it felt like I'd never left. : )
This is Tucker's cute friend Sydney. She let me sleep in her room. : )
Finally, I was able to meet up with my friend Cathy and her husband Steve. Cathy was my supervisor when I worked our first year in Maryland. It's so fun having people to go back and visit!
Cole did great on the trip. It's funny because my kids have flown so much and I didn't go on my first plane flight until I was 14. I guess it's what happens when you live far away from family. Lucky ducks!
I had an awesome time in Maryland. I had so much fun dancing again and being able to be with those girls and their families. And, I'm going to be able to go out there again in August or September to teach a workshop. It's so nice being wanted!
I did miss Cody and the kiddos, but enjoyed my time away as well. I think every Mom needs a little break every now and then. Now we are back to the grind and trying to wrap things up with our house. Assuming everything goes through with our loan (darn government makes it extremely difficult for self employed people to get loans) we'll be closing on our house the end of March and making the "big" move!

10 comments:

Katie said...

FUN! We miss Hampstead. We're jealous that you got to go back and see everyone.

Sarah said...

You look amazing... I can't believe you just had a baby. And I'm so jealous you still get to dance!

dan and audrey said...

Lisa you look amazing, didn't you just have a baby? what a fun trip, going back to see some friends, preforming onstage, and a well deserved break ( I agree, all mommies need one every once in awhile!). good for you!

Amber said...

Glad that you had such a fun time and got to see so many fun people. My parents are going to DC this week for meetings and if little one wasn't quite so little I would go with them. I have been trying to get my mom to be brave and drive the rental car up to Arundle Mills but I don't think she will. Oh well, maybe I will go out there next year with them and leave both kiddos.

Lis said...

That is quite a nice LARGE picture of me, Lisa! :) You look great though! Still working on embedding the video... ok haven't gotten to it yet. I'll let you know when I do. Great to see you!

Emily said...

How fun - I am so happy to see so many of my old friend are still dancing!! I just was looking at pics on Lindsey Forrest's blog of the Pocatello competition. I don't think ANY of us will ever have it out of our systems!!

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

I miss those girls! Thanks for telling them hi for me! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Do you have video of the performance? I want to see the dance you where in. How did those steps work out for you? I should have had you buy me some fudge from the Fudgery on the Harbor! I miss that stuff!

lucy said...

You look so cute in these pics.

Tiffany said...

I'm so sad I missed you and Cole! Maybe we can meet up when we're in Utah this summer.

Becky said...

It was good to see you! You look amazing, btw!