Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Scary Mommy

While I was at a Relief Society activity a few weeks ago I felt my lip start to tingle and knew I was experiencing an allergic reaction to something and that my lip was going to start swelling. I told the ladies I was by to not worry about me. I quickly finished up my project and packed up to head home. I needed an antihistamine quick. Cody and I were headed out for date night. 
This first picture is probably an hour or hour and a half after the initial tingling started.
After we had dinner.
 After the movie. Roughly 5-6 hours later. I called my PA and texted him a picture of me (the above shot) and he advised me to go to the ER, but I told him no. I wasn't experiencing anaphylatic shock and had taken precautions like taking my inhaler. If the swelling grew worse I would go to the hospital. Cody was watching out for me as well. I know I look horrible. I was embarrassed to even go to the bathroom.
 The next morning this is what my face looked like. I was still puffy, but not nearly as ugly. By Sunday I was almost 100%. I still don't know what triggered it. I have extremely bad luck.
I went in for my 3 month scan on Tuesday the 15th and what to my wondering eyes but I have another brain tumor. 3 months ago my scans were clean and I was still healing from my surgery back in March. Now my scans show this white spot. Dr. Colman suspects it is a Glioblastoma. It is so hard to believe that in less than 3 months this aggressive terminal cancer has invaded my brain. My options are limited and costly. I drove down to Provo yesterday and met with Dr. Gardner to talk to him about possible resection and also spoke to Dr. Clark. I am awaiting a phone from Dr. Gardner now. 

0 comments: