Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thanksgiving and Tree

I got together with 2 of my really good friends before Thanksgiving to do a craft project I saw on the internet. Lindsey and I met at Karen's for a morning of fun with our kiddos.

Oreo, candy corn turkeys.
 Karen and I were Lindsey's bridesmaids 11 years ago. Both girls actually dated my brother and we're still good friends after all these years.
My kids have really wanted to run a race with me after all the running I did this year for my 1/2 marathon. Midway has an annual 5K Turkey Trot and I signed Tucker and Aubrey up for the race with me. Tucker wanted to begin the race at the head of the pack and he ran with a friend. I never saw him until Aubrey and I finished. She did awesome! She had an 11:19 minute mile pace. Pretty good for a 5 year old. We passed a lot of adults at the end and they asked me if she ran the entire thing, and if so, that fast. I was a proud Momma.
 
Our house is great for hosting and we hosted another Thanksgiving this year. I think I've hosted more than 1/2 the Thanksgivings since I've been married. Cody's family were the guests this time. We cooked the turkey and mashed potatoes and everyone brought the rest.
 From left to right we have Kristin, Spencer (our sister in law, Marisa's, brother), uncle Robert, Cody, Cerola, Mickey and Chris. We had great food and fun visiting all day long. I did back my car into Chris's that night when I was going out for some early black Friday shopping. It was really dumb because I even have a backup camera on my car. I blame it on being dark, his car is dark and I didn't know he parked on the driveway. Oh well, that's what insurance is for and at least no damage was done to my car.
 Saturday of that weekend we took our annual drive up by Wolf Creek Pass to find the perfect Christmas tree. Cody is wearing camo, so it's hard to see him, but he's cutting down the tree on the left, next to Tucker.
 We obtain our tree permits each fall from Soldier Hollow for $10. It beats buying a tree, although a pre-lit tree sounds nice sometimes. I had the privilege of putting the lights on this year.
 We have 11 foot ceilings and are not able to put our star on this year due to the height of the tree.
 This is our first year putting lights on the outside of our house. We have one more higher gable section that Cody will put lights on next year.

0 comments: