Tuesday, May 22, 2012

You are Hereby Called to Serve...

My younger brother, Spencer, received his mission call last week. He turns 19 in August and has been anxiously awaiting these important papers. My entire family gathered together for the occasion.  Elder Spencer Foster will be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Carlsbad, California mission reporting to the MTC on August 29th. He will be speaking English. Everyone there, plus a few, had written down guesses before Spencer opened up his papers. Cody guessed California. I had actually thought California too. My Dad served in the Los Angeles mission back in his day, so it's kind of cool that they will have served in the same state, even if it is different areas.
Kevin, Hayden, Grandpa Foster, Lisa, Addy, Grandpa & Grandma Grant

Reading his call.

Maybe in 2 years I'll have more hair than Spencer!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

It was fun hanging out with you that night! I like that pic of you and Spence. You both look really happy.