Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This and That

Tucker and Aubrey finished up their soccer season a couple weeks ago. Tucker did awesome and was the kid on the team that scored the majority of the goals. Aubrey learned a few more basic drills, but will need another season or two to really get the hang of it. Aubrey received live butterfly larvae for her birthday and we watched them change into cocoons and hatch into butterflies. After the allotted time, we released them into the wild.
 Blake takes a nap every afternoon, which is wonderful! One day I tried to give him cottage cheese for lunch. He obviously did not like it and fell asleep.
 Mother's Day - 2012. We are sitting on my new glider chair that Cody bought and put together for me.
 We drove to Sandy after church to eat dinner with my family and wish our Mom's a Happy Day. When we were at Cody's parents Kristin and Chris drove up on these scooters. The kids hopped right on.
 My Mom and mother-in-law have been so wonderful the past few months. I can call my Mom for anything and she'll drive up the canyon to come help me out. I'm so lucky to have family that loves me and my kids and will do anything for us. I've got the best! Happy Mother's Day!
For those of you wondering how I'm doing, I'm doing alright so far this week. I live day to day with how I'm feeling. The past few weeks (after my 1st round of chemo) I was very tired and nauseas. I wasn't throwing up, but my stomach was extremely queasy. Nothing sounded or tasted good, so I wasn't eating a ton. I was taking a lot of Pepto Bismol and now am on a couple prescriptions that help my stomach. I really just wanted to sleep all the time. My Mom came and stayed with me during some of this time since Cody flew to Arizona for a dental conference. My mother-in-law and Mom took the two younger boys to their homes for a few days as well so that I could rest. Aubrey and Tucker are easy and since I am not allowed to drive still, it was easy to take care of the older kids. 
Unfortunately I will not be allowed to drive until August 8th, so far. If I have another seizure that date will be pushed back 90 days. I get so frustrated when I have seizure's. I'm stuck at home all summer long. School ends this week and next for my kids and I guess we'll be doing a lot of biking and walking this summer.
I have one last fundraiser dance/silent auction coming up next Friday June 1st.

It's FREE, No Admission, but all donations are very welcome.
Teens and up (recommended)...

Dance to the Music of Ken Foster (they played at my Fun Run)

Friday, June 1st from 8:30 - 11:30pm
Murray Arts Centre 4868 South State
Murray, Utah
Toll Free: 1-800-269-1400
Hot Line: 801-266-5777

Silent Auction Items Include:
Private Dance Lessons
Sporting Goods
Sculptures
Paintings
Quilts
And Much More!

Treats for everyone!

All donations go to help Lisa and her family... "
(If you have items you would still like to donate for the auction, we need them to myself, my Mom, or Mimi Jensen McDonald by Memorial Day.) Thanks!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Lisa,
You don't know me but I found out about you through Teelin and have been following your story. I hope you don't mind!! I was happy to see this update as I've been wondering how you were. I'm glad to hear that you're okay. All the very best to you and yours--sending good thoughts you're way!
Andrea

Marisa said...

Your kids are looking so stinking cute! Can't wait to see you all next month!