Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Aubrey's Rainbow 5th Birthday

Cute Aubrey turned 5 last Friday on April 6th. She had preschool that morning and they had a Spring Party for Easter. She really wanted to wear a skirt, so we pulled out the pink skirt and her sparkly tights and snapped a photo before she left. If you ask Aubrey what her favorite color is she will tell you, pink, purple and sparkly rainbow. Not sure where that came from, but she loves her colors and things that glitter and sparkle of course. For having all brothers, this girl is all GIRL!
 Rose (woman who threw my pizza party) wanted to give Aubrey her girls old doll house, so my Mom and Rose drove up after lunch to surprise her. Cody didn't have to work that day either and we were able to pick her up from school. I haven't picked her up from school since before my surgery. She was super excited. This picture is of the doll house and her friend Bella.
 Can't believe that 5 years ago we were in dental school in Baltimore having her.
 Aubrey invited a bunch of her neighborhood and school friends to her party. We also invited our cute neighbor Maia over to help with the party (I didn't realize that my Mom, Rose and Cody would all be here at the time). Aubrey loves Maia and wanted to invite her anyway, although she is 11. I was able to convince them to sit on the stairs for a quick picture. From the bottom, Bella, Jordan, Jaycee, Kali, Ginger, Kate, Chezney, Morgan, Aubrey, Boston and Kailee.
 Blowing out her #5 birthday candle.
  Aubrey requested a rainbow birthday party. Easy enough. I spent an hour on  googling/pinterest one afternoon coming up with ideas. I made tissue paper flowers and hung them like a rainbow on our staircase (I'm too lazy to take pictures and upload them), and we tried to use colors as much as possible. I used this idea from pinterest for the goodie bags each girl took home. I also did a fruit rainbow that could have used more color, but it was all I had on hand.
The girls made fruit loop necklaces, opened presents, ate cupcakes (they got to decorate them with Skittles), ate fruit, drank squeezits (Aubrey's request) and danced around with paint stick ribbon wands. I kept it super simple, only an hour and the girls had fun. Aubrey received a lot of fun new toys and money so now we can go shopping and buy what she really wants. ; )
Later that night one of my best friends from Maryland came up to our house, Katie Leale, with her husband so that we could go to dinner. We took them to Tarahumara (the best Mexican restaurant around - and happens to be across from our backyard.) We spent the evening catching up and remembering our good ol' dental school days.

2 comments:

Lettie B. said...

What a cute birthday theme. And so perfect for a 5 year old girl. Can I just say I love how you changed your hair from one event of the day to the next? It's like an accessory now! If you can't have your own you can at least have fun with it!

Marisa said...

That looks so fun, I love the rainbow theme too! Awesome that Katie was able to visit. Did you get the card for Aubrey that I sent?