Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My top 11 list

This picture was taken Sunday after church. I tried to get a picture with all my kids, but the boys were not cooperating. I sported the blond wig last Sunday. I'll try the brunette this week.

 7.5 weeks of growth on my head. I haven't lost any hair yet from radiation or chemo. I'm sure it will start to fall out, but so far it's still growing from my pre-surgery buzz cut. Oh and notice my awesome pin. It says "Cancer Sucks!" I even got away with wearing it around my Mom. That's huge for those of you who know how she is with that word.
My top 11 things that bug me right now.
1. I wish I could drive. It's small and simple, but once your independence is taken away, you realize how much you relied on it. It'll probably be 2-3 months before my doctors will give me clearance. Darn seizures. I'll be repaying everyone back (Tracy and Sara) all next year. : )
2. So sick of the itchy head.
3. Wish the feeling would come back to the right side of my face. Hopefully with time. I've been numb on the right side of my face since I got out of surgery.
4. So grateful for Words With Friends. I love to play scrabble, so if you aren't already playing with  me, try to start a game. I'm usually maxed out. ; )
5. My appetite is almost gone. I have no desire to eat hardly ever. Except for Jamba Juice. I am loving those and Cody kindly bought me one after each treatment last Friday and Monday. I also am loving the Costco Rhodes roll dough. I've made scones daily this week. So yummy. It's the small and simple things people.
6. My motivation to clean, cook, sew, etc is almost null. I think I"m going to have to force myself to be productive and be happy afterwards. I've been a bit productive today. I actually made Blake a hooded monkey towel. I post pictures later. My in-laws took him and Cole for a couple days. I actually made two so that I'll have one ready to go when I decide to take my Etsy shop off vacation or for whatever has not sold by the time my race/auction rolls around.
7. Why do people follow my Pinterest boards. I think I've only been on once and really am not someone you want to follow. I don't think I'm even following anybody.
8. I'm so sick of seizures. I've had 4 in the past 24 hours. When I was at treatment today the docs upped my anti seizure meds to 3 times a day instead of 2. Hopefully that will help and they'll stop. I had one on my drive home (I was not driving) and then I had another one this evening.
9. Our ward has got to be the greatest in the world. They are taking care of me and my family so well. I have some awesome friends setting up a 5K run and silent auction on April 21st. You can get more details and register at www.runningwithlisa.com.There is also a fundraiser for me being held at Rock Creek Pizza Company in Sandy, on Saturday, March 10th from 6-9pm. Come enjoy some pizza, music and of course, me. : )
10. I am so sick of reading cancer books and material. I really appreciate all the information that people have given me, but I just can't read anymore. It's too depressing, everything isn't related to what I'm going through and I'd rather entertain myself with fun stuff than the depressing.
11. The obvious. I want my tumor gone and my life back to normal. I believe in miracles...it can happen.

14 comments:

Mimi said...

Yes it can!! You are already a miracle. Let's just continue the streak eh?

Thanks for updating the blog. I think having these thoughts will be a huge benefit to you after you've kicked cancer in the booty!

Big hugs! I'm excited to see the brunette at church!

Kristen said...

Lisa,
I saw on the news a few months back that Daisy Maids will come and clean your house for free while you are having treatments for cancer. You should call them and check it out. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
-Kristen

dan and audrey said...

You are so amazing and such a strong woman!! Definately someone to look up to. I'd love to play words with you. I don't know your player name... Mine is Audreystyled, invite me to play when you're not maxed out!! Loves

Jess said...

Love this post Lisa. Thank you for sharing everything. I believe in miracles too!

Jess said...

Love this post Lisa. Thank you for sharing everything. I believe in miracles too!

Jess said...

Love this post Lisa. Thank you for sharing everything. I believe in miracles too!

Jess said...

Love this post Lisa. Thank you for sharing everything. I believe in miracles too!

Anonymous said...

I think about and pray for you and your family everyday. I wish I lived closer, could do more, could give more. We're putting the fundraiser next Saturday on the calendar right now and I'm going to start training for your 5k, that''s huge for me;), must mean you're pretty special friend!! Hugs from me!!

Jessica said...

Your hair does grow fast! I think this pixie cut looks great on you too! Tell me if you want to get together and play games. I love games, but suck at scrabble!

Craig and Erin said...

Lisa and Cody-we have been thinking of you guys so much and are amazed with you both! I loved looking at your recent pictures of Mexico and while we were just there with my family we all talked about you guys on the beach, in the sun, by the waves, looking beautiful and in love. Such a strong and amazing couple! You will get though this! We love you. I hope you feel the HUMBLE love and prayers.

Lisa said...

I could.maybe use your fri int services tomorrow after my treatments. I need aime makeup remover from walmart ot qalgreena. I'LL CALL YOU CUZ I DID CALL THE FIT STOP.

Donna and Bevan said...

Being able to change your hair color like that? It's hot! Of course, nothing beats red, but it'll come back soon enough. We think about you often!

noelle said...

Love the list, you are amazing!

Girl With The Swirl said...

Reading about cancer in a serious way while you're going through is a total drag. A bunch of my friends sent me very sarcastic or motivational books. Not sure your taste level. Mine goes low. May I recommend someone buying you "Run Your First Marathon", "Sh*T My Dad Says"-hilarious stories about a father and son growing up, "The Hunger Games", "Emails from an A$$hole", "Foder's See It - Spain" (since we want to travel there one day).