Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My new toy!

My sewing partner for the past 9 years broke down in my mad towel rush over Swiss Christmas weekend. It was a sad night. Luckily I have a great friend with a nice sewing machine that she never uses. I was able to borrow it for a couple weeks to finish up orders before I bought my new baby. I purchased the Brother Innov-is 950D. My main reason for going more expensive is the embroidery aspect. I've been appliqueing names on towels and this is going to quicken up the process and make it look more professional. I haven't actually embroidered on towels yet, but I did add names to my kids stockings. Unfortunately, I had to take them apart to put the name on, but they look cute and now Santa can't screw up on who's is who come Christmas Eve next year. : )



 (I did Tucker's first and it ended up upside down. I obviously need to still do some unpicking. )
I finished them just in time to take a picture and place them back in the Christmas storage box. If you want your name on something - let me know!

0 comments: