Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tucker's 6th Birthday

Tucker turned 6 years old yesterday. It was fun to remember all that happened 6 years ago. I was working, experienced some contractions at work. When I got home, Cody and I decided we'd hit up one more movie before I had the baby (Just Like Heaven), my contractions got worse, they were 5 minutes apart,  we checked in at the hospital at 10:30, I experience horrible back labor, the lab screwed up on my blood work and delayed my epidural an extra hour, I finally received it and Tucker came out after 4 am the next morning. (This side note is so minor but I think it's cool that Tucker's birthday was on a Saturday this year because he was born on a Saturday.) 
Anyway, Tucker begged me for a friend party again this year and I gave in. Luckily Cody was around to help, the little boys took naps and my Mom took Aubrey shopping so that she wouldn't "bug" the boys. Tucker has been into bugs lately, so we had a bug themed party.  It started out with some wrestling.
 Then we jumped right into opening presents. (I am not one to do things in a traditional order. )
 Every gift was perfect for Tucker. Seriously. All of them were things that he loves and would pick out himself.

 After presents we went on a bug hunt in the front yard. Cody hid some plastic glow in the dark bugs in the bushes.
 Then we played pin the spider on the web and unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of that. It was hilarious though. We blindfolded the boys and spun them around. One of the little guys was so turned around he stuck his spider on the wrong wall! Good times! 
Next we had a water balloon toss as teams. One boy had to come late so Cody and I stepped in to be partners. We pretty much rocked it with our little partner.


 Then we let them go crazy with a water balloon fight to use up the rest of the balloons. I should have made it a game for them to pick up the balloon pieces - oh well, that can be tomorrow's project for the kids. I bet I can recruit the neighbors too.


 After they were all wet we came inside for some Oreo Dirt Cake and ice cream.

 It amazes me how quickly the boys go through all my plans and games. They ended up playing with the new toys and making up games for at least the last 30 minutes of the party. And then after that they stayed around for a couple extra hours. I'm glad they all had fun and Tucker had a great birthday!
 These were my attempts at a group shot with all the boys smiling in my direction. It's just not happening with 8 boys.
 I finally told them to act like a bug and they got creative!
 One present that Tucker REALLY wanted was a remote control tarantula. Who knew they even made those? We found one at Kmart and were able to use the Kmart birthday cash to purchase it. Too bad Cole has already broken a leg off the thing. At least it can still creep and crawl.
 Tucker opened up family presents throughout the day. Here he is sitting in his new bean bag chair from the Foster's and he's opening a present I'm sure he didn't think I would ever buy him. He's been staring at it on Amazon for over a year. It goes with his animal scanopedia - they are a set of 6 scan dinosaurs. I think he pretty much has everything covered in the whole animal/dinosaur/bug department.

Happy Birthday Tuck! We love you!

0 comments: