Sunday, September 18, 2011

Swiss Days Parade

One of the many things I love about living in Midway is Swiss Days. The whole community gets involved for a weekend that attracts around 90,000 visitors. It's pretty amazing. There is a really neat spirit about it and we love being a part of it. Cody was asked to help with the Swiss Taco booth again this year as a co-manager. That means he eats, drinks, breathes Swiss Tacos and yodeling for 2 straight days, plus all the help they need with set up the week before. He's a good sport and willingly does his part. I was able to finally help out the food booth this year because my Mom and sister came up to watch my kids for an afternoon as well as Cody's parents the next day. Saturday is the best because they have a parade that runs down Main Street. It's a lot of fun and the kids receive tons of candy.

 Aubrey loved every princess that rode by. Maybe she'll be part of the Swiss Miss Royalty someday. : )
 Our town is even cool enough to get the Jazz Bear.

My goal is to take pictures of Cody in the Taco booth next year. Somehow I've managed to not do that the past 3 years.

1 comments:

Marisa said...

I had a navajo taco for the first time this summer, it was delicious! Maybe some year we can go to Utah for Swiss Days, but it's a hard time of year being the second week of school. Your kids are so cute and it's awesome that Tucker rides his bike to school! I used to love that, I wish my kids could do it. That 2.5-hour window of Kindergarten/preschool time STINKS, especially when you live far away from things!