Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What a Great Day!

Normally I don't post about day to day things, but yesterday was seriously a GREAT day! Of course it started off with Blake waking up at 6:30, but that's ok, I get some morning time with him and get to check all my computer stuff before everyone else woke up. We were fed, dressed and out the door at 9:00am to run errands. Cody had the day off which made it really nice. We stopped by the post office to drop off an Etsy order, made a deposit at Wells Fargo and got the kids all suckers, then we headed to the Draper/Sandy area to pick some things up at Camping World, Costco, and Sports Authority. After that we headed to the Ashley Furniture warehouse to pick up my new couches! I have been waiting over 8 years to get new couches. Cody's parents gave us their old couches when we got married and as nice as it was to have a place to sit all these years, I have been waiting to get rid of them with each of our 5 moves. I wanted red couches for our piano room and finally found one I liked at Ashley Furniture. We bought them on Memorial Day, so we received the holiday discount and we picked them up with the truck yesterday. Cody LOVES his truck and yesterday was another reason why we are so glad we have it. Both sofas fit nicely in the back and we didn't have to pay for shipping or borrow anyone's vehicle.

We got back home early afternoon and were able to get a bunch of other items checked off our to-do lists. One thing that I had been wanting to do for a while was take Aubrey into the doctor to find out what was wrong with her nose. One nostril has been running for over 2 months. She hasn't been sick but something was clearly wrong. And she had this horrible smell coming from it. Sorry to any of you that have been around her and didn't know the situation. I took her in and the doctor pulled out some kind of object that was probably and inch and a half tall by half inch wide. We don't know what it was, but it was definitely causing the problem. She must be able to breathe so much better now that it's gone. : )
Tucker and Aubrey also started swimming lessons last night and are doing great in their classes. When we got home from that it rained a little bit during dinner. After dinner there was this amazing gorgeous double rainbow outside. It was so cool because you could actually see the beginning to the end. I couldn't get back far enough to obtain the whole shot, but it was beautiful.

Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't been with my family in a week, but yesterday was great. I love productive fun days that we spend together as a family.

1 comments:

Marisa said...

How fun to get new couches!! I like the everyday things. I can't believe something that big was stuck up Aubrey's nose, how crazy!!!