Monday, April 6, 2009

Aubrey is 2!

Our little girl is 2 today! I didn't realize how much she's really changed in the last year until I looked up her 1st birthday pictures. She was a cute little chunk! And now she's our cute skinny girl with lots of hair!

We decided last minute to throw her a party yesterday. We thought we would be moving over the weekend, but that didn't happen, so we had her party instead. I like to make my kids cakes so I decided on this flower. Really simple, by far my worst decorating job, but she liked it and it tasted great! She probably would have loved a Little Mermaid cake the most, but I wasn't about to attempt that without some preparation.
Aubrey isn't one to be the center of attention, she gets shy, but knew right what to do when it came to blowing out candles!
Our princess was spoiled!

Happy Birthday Aubrey! We love you!

14 comments:

The Huff Family said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey! The pictures are adorable--she is getting so big! We miss you guys!

Susan said...

Oh, she is just so cute! Happy Birthday to you Aubree!

Lindsay said...

Wow she really has changed!! Last we say her (family reunion) she looked like the first picture. I love you cake and I think your decorating job is great! You are very crafty.

Unknown said...

Can't believe how much she's grown!! Miss her little face! Happy Birthday Aubrey!
PS: What are moving plans??

Lis said...

So Scott was obviously signed in... the comment above is really from me! :)

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

the cutest little red-head ever! :o) Her day looked like it was so fun!

Unknown said...

That cake is so darn cute! I know it is a ways away but i have been trying to find some ideas for the girls first b-day! I've never decorated a cake but i think i could do it! I love to bake. and aubrey is so cute i love her hair so cute!

Clark and Liesel said...

She is such a little doll! And she looks so grown up!

Becky said...

Wow! She has grown up a lot! Her hair is adorable -you style it so cute! Excellent work on the cake, btw.

Sarah said...

She is so stinkin adorable! And if that is your worst cake decorating job.... that's just not fair ;)

Karina & John Calderwood said...

OK, seriously...I don't think she can get ANY cuter. Happy Bday girly!

Amber said...

She is so cute. I love her hair, she has always had great hair. I can't believe how big she is getting. What a cutie!

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

Holy cow! She's such a big girl. I can't believe how different she looks from last year. So cute!

Leah and Mike said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey!! What a cutie and what a cute cake :)