Sunday, February 17, 2008

Update

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Cody and I have both had the cold/flu for the past 1.5 weeks. Then to add on top of that, I've been going to the doctor to get blood tests, exams, and ultrasounds to prepare for my hospital visit last Friday. To make a very long story short, I went in to get a D&C. Nothing was found, so my doctor did a laparoscopy and it turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy that had ruptured my fallopian tube and I also had an hemorrhagic cyst on my right ovary. We're home, Grandma comes today, Cody leaves Tuesday for a job interview in Spokane and we're all recuperating well. Tucker loves to help out by making messes, just so he can vacuum them up.
We have an awesome family in our ward that gave me 5 boxes of kids books. I bought this bookshelf from Target so that the books wouldn't sit in boxes for the next 3 months.
I wouldn't let the kids be 2 little monkeys on top of Tucker's bed, so I stuck them in the crib and they had a blast!
Aubrey didn't want to be my Valentine...she caught a bit of the cold that Cody and I have been trying to get over.
I snapped this picture of Tucker right as Aubrey decided to do a somersault out of the dryer. They both still love to play in there and Tucker's always asking me to shut the door. Silly boy!

13 comments:

AJ said...

Hope your recovery goes well Lisa. Sorry to hear about that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa- I am so sorry to hear about the recent events. If you need anything please let me know ;) Love ya!- Cathy

Lisa said...

We were sad to hear your news. We hope you start feeling better soon. We are thinking about you. It was fun to see more pictures of Aubrey & Tucker. The one of Aubrey crying is great.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Lisa! I hope you're doing well. What a scary situation! I'm glad everything is healing smoothly. And I love your pics as always!

Carson Calderwood said...

Glad things are going better.

Kate said...

Oh my! Sorry to hear about your doctor visits. I hope you heal quickly! Your kids are darling as always!

Katie said...

I can't believe that you had to go through all that! You sure are a trooper as always - but please let me know if you need anything - anything at all.

Becky said...

How come you didn't post the pictures of the surgery? Just kidding. I'm glad your doing so well. Hopefully this week will be better than last. Be sure to call if you need help!

Christine said...

You have had a rough couple of weeks, so sorry to hear your news. Hope you are continuing to recover. So great to have family in town while Cody is gone! Take care of yourself.

The pictures of the kids are great!

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

I hope you are doing well. How did your blue and gold banquet go? I've been meaning to ask what you guys did for it. It's funny that Tucker makes the messes so he can clean them up. Sometimes I think Kaiden does that, only he hates when I get the vacuum out.

Leah and Mike said...

Lis,

I am SO sorry about your news!! I hope you are doing better. The pictures are darling - especially the one of Aubrey crying! Your kids are so cute!

Amanda the Couch said...

oh my gosh! you guys have been put through the ringer!!!!!!! i'm so sorry you had to go through such an awful experience Lisa. i hope things start getting easier.

thinking bout you here in dreary Utah.

Amanda & Spencer Couch